Like many fruits, most of avocado is made of water. Following are the percentage of nutrients in avocado:
- Water 73%
- Carbohydrates 8.5% (mainly fibers)
- Fat 15%
- Protein 2%
Here we will talk about the nutrients in more detail.
- Carbohydrates: Compared to other fruits, avocados have very less sugars. 68 grams (almost half an avocado) contains only 0.5 grams of sugar. This sugar is in three major forms; glucose, fructose and galactose. Because they have a low sugar content, avocados are considered beneficial in maintaining the blood pressure. A fruit high in sugars is expected to raise the blood pressure greatly.
- Fiber: 79 percent of the carbohydrate content is fiber. Then there is also dietary fiber that being a dietary component plays many important roles. It is very beneficial for health. Fiber helps in regulating appetite, feeds the friendly bacteria present in the digestive tract and also reduces the chance of having many diseases.
- Fat: Avocados have an unusually high fat content compared to that of other fruits. Avocado is packed with fatty acids. Oleic acid is one of the most abundant fatty acid, which is also present in olive oil. Oleic acid is said to reduce inflammation issues and has positive effects on cancer patients. Animal studies show that avocado oil is a good source of healthy fats. These fats are protective against inflammation, heart problems and diabetes.
Keto Burger Buns – http://imgur.com/EpsLsAu
So what are the 16 benefits of an avocado?
- Aids in absorpting nutrients from plant foods.
- Protection for the eyes.
- Lowers blood cholesterol level
- Increases the good (HDL) cholesterol, decreases (LDL) cholesterol, decreases blood triglyceride levels.
- Helps in weight loss.
- Good for the teeth.
- General health improvements.
- Higher potassium than bananas – Bananas 10%, Avocados 14%
- Adventageous for pregnant women.
- Incredible nutrition.
- Works against arthritis.
- Protection from Liver Diseases: eating avocado increases gluthathione levels in your body. Because it contains Vitamin E and K, avocado is famous for it’s anti inflammatory characteristics.
- Good for your skin.
- Great for bones.
- Makes your mood better.
- High Fibre content – per half fruit, avocados contain almost 6-7g of dietary fibre.